What is a corrupt practice?
The offering, giving, receiving or soliciting, directly or indirectly, anything of value to influence improperly the actions of another party. Examples include bribery, kickbacks, extortion, bid manipulation.
What is a fraudulent practice?
Any action or omission, including a misrepresentation, that knowingly or recklessly misleads, or attempts to mislead, a party to obtain a financial or other benefit or to avoid an obligation. An example is using goods of lower-than-agreed quality, submitting false documents or information, misrepresentation of qualifications
What is a coercive practice?
Impairing or harming, or threatening to impair or harm, directly or indirectly, any party or the property of the party to influence improperly the actions of that party. Examples include threatening to harm one’s reputation, giving a poor performance evaluation in retaliation, reimbursing expenses only in return for a favor
What is a collusive practice?
An arrangement between two or more parties is designed to achieve an improper purpose, including influencing improperly the actions of another party. Examples include leaking of confidential bid information, submitting manipulated or identical proposals, providing rigged bid specifications
What are typical examples of misconduct?
Examples of misconduct include, but are not limited to, the following:
• submitting false documents, such as resumes, bank guarantees, certificates of employment, or examination transcripts (misrepresentation);
• providing false information such as qualifications or work experience;
• fraudulently claiming rental subsidy when property is effectively owned by claimant;
• intellectual dishonesty, e.g., plagiarism, copyright infringement;
• soliciting and receiving payments on behalf of your organisation
• excessive use of e-mail and phone/fax facilities for private purposes;
• abusing sick leave privileges;
• abusing travel privileges;
• theft and embezzlement.
• alcohol and drug abuse
What is Conflict of Interest?
A conflict of interest is any situation in which a party has interests that could improperly influence that party’s performance of official duties or responsibilities, contractual obligations, or compliance with applicable laws or regulations
What is a whistleblower?
A complainant or person reporting allegations of fraud and corruption or misconduct is referred to as a whistleblower.
How does Report Magomago protect whistleblowers and witnesses?
Report Magomago is committed to protecting the source of any report or petition through its operating principles, which include, but not limited to
• Make its best effort to encourage and protect whistleblowers and witnesses
• Limit the circulation of any information regarding an investigation strictly on a need-to-know basis
• Engage appropriate officials to identify actions that will prevent retaliation from taking effect or otherwise causing harm to the individual or firm concerned, where a witness may suffer or has suffered retaliation because of assistance in an investigation
• Protect from unauthorized disclosure throughout and following an investigation the identity of an individual who reports in good faith
• Report Magomago will advise you should confidentiality of your identity be at risk at any time. Report Magomago will pursue all reasonable steps to ensure that whistleblowers acting in good faith are not subject to retaliation or punishment
Does Report Magomago provide training on how to prevent, detect, and deter fraud and corruption?
No, we do not. Such training can be obtained from relevant training institutions like Anti-Corruption Academy of Nigeria (ACAN)
How does Report Magomago help fight corruption in governments?
We encourage you to report such corrupt practices to us in order for us to channel such reports to relevant law enforcement agencies. We will also follow up on such reports/petitions to ensure that it is logically concluded.
How do I know if my report/petition has been actioned?
Through our portal, you can follow up and track progress of your report/petition